Acme Sculpture (Taipei) - Body Contoured Liposuction & Fat Grafting Experience!
For (3) & (4) , I would be sharing more in another blog entry.
Liposuction is an option to remove small bulges that won't budge despite trying exercising and controlled diet. It will help to improve your body shape. The areas most commonly treated include the hips, abdomen, thighs and buttocks and face. Liposuction does not remove cellulite, only fat. Being a mother of 3, I have my concern on lose tummy fats and skin after pregnancy and not shaking it off after 6 years of my last childbirth. Since I had the intention of balancing my breast since my last breast implant, the doctors at ACME suggested liposuction to best solve my concern.
Fat deposits are removed by very thin metal tubes interested into the body though small incisions. A syringe or medical suction pump removes the fat by creating an area of negative pressure. Once the fat is removed, it can be transferred to another part of the body which for my case is my right breast.
A seroma is a collection lymph fluid within a body cavity, and it can form after liposuction leaves empty “spaces” in the body where fat used to be. Compression garment will squeeze empty cavities together so that they do not allow fluid to become trapped and seromas to form.
Some before photos:
Risks and Limitations
It is important to remember that any form of Liposuction is a surgical procedure and subject to the usual problems and complications that accompany surgery. Following liposuction, some patients may experience dimpling, lumpiness, numbness, scarring, discoloration, or sagging skin in the treated area. Follow-up surgery may be needed to correct these problems. More serious complications associated with Liposuction include blood clots, infection, excessive fluid loss, pulmonary embolism, and drug overdose.
Just in case if you wonder if the fat cells will be removed permanently, well if you gain weight after the procedure, it usually will not concentrate in the area that was treated. However, you need to note that liposuction will not prevent you from regaining weight. To maintain after liposuction, you must follow a proper diet and exercise plan.
Doctor patiently showed me past examples of what he did for many of his patients and what I would be expecting.
How is the procedure done?
The Tools used for Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction (UAL)
- The wound is small and hidden in a place that is not easy to see
- The use of skilled technology can significantly shorten the operation time
- Reduce postoperative swelling of the bruises or waves of the situation
- Postoperative recovery is relatively short
- Only for fat, reduce tissue damage
- Micro-heat can be conducive to postoperative skin compact
- Extraction of high active fat more backfill
- Easy to remove the fibrous tissue and more parts
- Secondary liposuction, a good choice for man and women
This was the machine used to suck out the facts from my tummy.
This was how my tummy looked after the liposuction. Very much full of bruises and skin felt pain with soreness. There were a total of 3 stitches one near the left and right hip bone area and one at the belly button area.
There were two unstitched holes (also known as Adits in medical terms) near the bikini area which are not symmetrically apart. It was bleeding profusely on the left bottom bikini wound and required to change dressing every few hours.
"Adits are small holes in the skin made with round, skin-biopsy punches. Adits are used as access sites, in which the liposuction cannula is passed in and out of during the liposuction process. Adits also facilitate the drainage of blood-tinged anesthetic solution after liposuction. Because of the skin’s ability to stretch, microcannulas can usually fit through a 1.0 mm, 1.5 mm, or 2 mm round hole made in the skin with a skin biopsy punch. Such tiny holes usually disappear without scars after liposuction. Adits are so small that it is not necessary to close them with sutures. Because adits are not closed with sutures, they promote copious postoperative drainage of blood-tinged tumescent anesthesia, which in turn reduces post-operative bruising, tenderness and swelling. Larger cannulas require larger incisions. When larger incisions are closed with sutures, there is delayed drainage, and prolonged swelling, bruising and pain after liposuction."
Compression wear and pants stained with blood. Pain area concentrated on below belly button central tummy area. Looked swollen and uneven bulges with bruises. I was walking slowly. I would advise to lie on bed to rest without exerting too much. Pain when getting up from bed or seat. Need to sleep facing upwards.
I brought along my own compression wear.
Medication from antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, painkillers were given.
Day 1 (Next Day Review at the Clinic):
This was how my tummy looked after I removed my compression wear to change the dressing at the clinic. The nurses were very kind to show me the recovery room where I undressed, removed dressing, bathed, showed me the wash/dry the stained clothes and served hot drink with snacks before I was placed on drip as I did not dare to bath since the surgery yesterday as the wound was bleeding badly and still wearing the stained clothings.
Bleeding reduced. Dressing changed twice a day. Left side of bikini wound looked less swollen. Manageable pain when getting up from seat or bed.
Bruises start to subside and turned yellow. Tummy still aching when strength exerted. Last day of medication given and would attempt to stop taking painkillers from Day 8 onwards.
MORE UPDATES COMING UP...
Breast fat grafting
Breast recovery photoshoot during breast cancer month:
He used my tummy fats to do fat grafting on my right breast to balance up with the left.
The breast looked bruised for a whole 10 days subsiding from a brownish to a yellowish bruise. There was two holes at the areola area. For my case, there was not much pain level.
1. 8 hours before surgery fasting (including boiling water, drinks).
2. Pre-and postoperative two weeks to avoid irritating food (including tobacco, wine, coffee).
3. Have family history, medication history, chronic diseases and any diseases please inform in advance.
4. Complete the physician to designate the inspection.
5. Surgical parts of hair shaving.
1. Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
2. No makeup, do not wear wigs, valuables, jewelry and so on.
1. Postoperative physicians will prescribe oral antibiotics, painkillers, swelling drugs.
2. After about 7-10 days can be used to clean the body to clean the way to keep the wound clean, dry, to avoid infection.
3. After surgery may have placed drainage tube, so surgical wounds try not to touch the water until the drainage tube removal.
4. Avoid the wound by the sun, until the wound completely healed.
5. Body sculpting loosened, can return to normal activities, but still need to avoid strenuous activities, so as not to affect the wound healing, such as: weightlifting, lifting weights.
1. If you have surgery on your knees, thighs, buttocks, or abdomen, be sure to wear bodyclothes, pants (which can provide you with physical support and comfort), twenty weeks before the first 2-3 weeks, , At night to remove (depending on the swelling of the situation, in the consultation by the doctor to judge), at least for more than 2 months. Neck at least 3-5 days to maintain twenty-four hours, the best to 2 weeks.
2. After surgery, in order to shorten the postoperative recovery period, may be placed in a small drainage tube. Drainage tube will be discharged into the injection of anesthetic liquid, emulsified fat and bloody water, please follow the instructions of the nursing staff, regularly replace the absorbent thick cotton pad.
3. Effective massage is conducive to the operation of the recovery process, 1-2 weeks after the proposed massage with massage (depending on the swelling of the situation, in the consultation by the doctor to judge), can reduce postoperative swelling discomfort, in order to facilitate the recovery process.
1. Do not drive at least two days after general anesthesia or intravenous general anesthesia.
2. After a month to avoid irritating food. (Tobacco, wine, coffee)
※ alcohol will expand the blood vessels, may increase postoperative bleeding, and alcohol may cause postoperative pain medication failure.
※ nicotine will lead to vascular contraction, resulting in poor wound healing.
3. If you have nausea after surgery, eat soda cake to stabilize your stomach. If your stomach feels normal, you can slowly start eating liquid and light food, and finally restore the general diet.
4. Regular return visit and with the measurement size.
5. Tissue repair healing may have a sense of itching, pat lightly on the wound to reduce discomfort.
※ During the recovery period, the operation site may be itching, tight feeling, bruises, pain, hardening and tingling feeling, is part of the recovery process, about 1 week began to subside, need to be patient
I would be organising another trip this AUG so if you are keen, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acme Sculpture Clinic
Online Reservation: http://www.acme-clinic.com/reserve.php
Open：Mon.~Fri. 12pm~9pm, Sat. 11am~8pm
Add: 5F., No.96, NanJing E. Rd., Sec. 2, Taipei, Taiwan
(MRT SongJiang NanJing Station, Exit 1, walking by 1 minute)